Senior API Programmer (PHP)
The Better Software Company has an exciting opportunity to work in a developer-centric workspace with the ability to have a true impact on our SAAS product.
- Work Hours: 9am - 5pm EST
- Full Time
- Full Benefits Package
- Stock options
- Ability to work from home
We requires a Senior API Programmer with PHP experience to help build, manage, and support our SaaS offering. The Senior API Programmer will be working within a small team of Software Engineers, and play a vital part in building great cloud-based products and services.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a critical-thinker, and highly motivated. Able to work unsupervised, they will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a team player.
The Senior API Programmer will have the following Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, and maintain cloud-based SaaS application, built with PHP/Laravel & MySQL.
- Create and document both internal and customer-facing RESTful APIs
The candidate MUST have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years developing enterprise-level, mission-critical software
- 3+ years developing in a PHP MVC framework (Laravel preferred)
- Take pride in producing clean, well formatted, and maintainable code (no lone wolves/cowboys)
- Experience working with a version control system (VCS - git)
- Solid grasp of OO principles and API design patterns
The candidate SHOULD have the following skills and experience:
- Capacity to mentoring fellow developers
- Experience with Laravel framework
- Experience/understanding of micro-serviced API architecture
- Has a bachelor degree or higher
Front-end web development experience, particularly with Vue.js, is an asset.